旅遊人生 討論區

論壇 » [WHV]澳洲 » [問題] Work & Travel Company

旅遊人生 討論區 » [WHV]澳洲 » [問題] Work & Travel Company

版主: Oceanpark, 亞當

[WHV]澳洲

Hey everyone!

Just want to know if anyone out there know anything about this Work and Travel programme in Australia, anyone's done that?

I'm thinking about doing it, I'll appreciate any kind of info, I know nobody who's interested in this, is it actually a waste of time (and money?) doing it?

Thanks a lot!!

You may apply for the Working Holiday visa without any assistance from migration agent. However,  for a small amount of fees, they will guide you through the process to apply for a visa, getting jobs and accommodations in Australia and supporting during your stay in Australia.

There is a few restrictions in case you do not know:
1. you can stay for maximum 12 months.
2. you can only work for an employer no more than 3 months.
3. you can study no more than 3 months.
4. you will only be granted the Working Holiday visa once a life.

Read more about the scheme at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visiting_whm.htm

The amount of money you earn over there may not be sufficient comparing with the potential income you can make in HK, but you will find the working and living style in Australia are much different than how you think. You will love it!

Post by "Sunny" :
You may apply for the Working Holiday visa without any assistance from migration agent. However,  for a small amount of fees, they will guide you through the process to apply for a visa, getting jobs and accommodations in Australia and supporting during your stay in Australia.

There is a few restrictions in case you do not know:
1. you can stay for maximum 12 months.
2. you can only work for an employer no more than 3 months.
3. you can study no more than 3 months.
4. you will only be granted the Working Holiday visa once a life.

Read more about the scheme at:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visiting_whm.htm

The amount of money you earn over there may not be sufficient comparing with the potential income you can make in HK, but you will find the working and living style in Australia are much different than how you think. You will love it!

I think so Sunny, thanx a lot for the info, you've done that right? How do you find it?

Just want to see if there're people out there who've actually done that, or just simply those who're interested in it.

Keep the contact!

ha ha. No, I did not join the scheme. I have worked, studied and travelled for 3 years in Australia and I will definitely be back!

Hihi,
I just quit my job. I am interesting in working at Australia.
Anybody know about that. Please give us some more suggestion.
Thanks.

I took the Programme when I worked and traveled in Oz. I think the main advantage is that you can get a bank account very quick, because they organised it before you come to Oz. I collected my bank card the day after I arrived SYD. Otherwise, it may take you 1-2 weeks for your saving account.

They have many other services, eg
1)mail forwarding: this service is useful, but there's many travel agency do this service, eg Travellers Contact Point, Nomads, etc...., you can apply one easily once you are arrived.
2)job guarantee within some time: depend on what kind of job, if you want to try city job, they may be useful; if you say farm job, i would say i know better then them.
3)free internet: they changed the system when I was in Oz. I should have $300 worth of internet credit; but in 2005 they changed the condition that: "you can use 30min per day", disappointed. It depands on where you go, they only have office in big city. Well, ascess internet is easy in Oz and travel agency provide free internet.
4)tax service: if you got mail address, you can apply TNF easily. You can also lodge your tax by yourself easily on internet.
5)VIP membership: you can apply it in Oz by yourself if you think it is necessary. don't need to through W&T
6)Airport meeting and transfer to hostel: many hostel provide pick-up service from airport, you just need to notice them and pay deposit. You don't have to pay W&T to make a phone call for you.

So I think the programme is quit expensive. If you can solve the bank account problem, I suggest you do all by yourself.

wow that's so informative!

btw, just wanna ask
what indeed is mail forwarding?
what is its importance?

當你居無定所時,想寄信的人很難寄信給你
通過這個服務,你會有一個postal address,他會先幫你代收
到你覺得你會停留某地一段時間,eg 4days,你可以通知他們將儲了一段日子的信寄給你,eg你住的 hostel or 附近的郵局。
這項服務方便在你可以收到銀行的通告,收payment summary for tax purpose,收TNF,或者你將這address告訴親朋好友,讓他們寄信給你。
但這個服務不甚常用,如你能處理好重要信件,便可以省一筆。

post office 可免費代收郵件
那次我請家寄個新的DC給我,都是透過post office。

Post by "Oceanpark" :
當你居無定所時,想寄信的人很難寄信給你
通過這個服務,你會有一個postal address,他會先幫你代收
到你覺得你會停留某地一段時間,eg 4days,你可以通知他們將儲了一段日子的信寄給你,eg你住的 hostel or 附近的郵局。
這項服務方便在你可以收到銀行的通告,收payment summary for tax purpose,收TNF,或者你將這address告訴親朋好友,讓他們寄信給你。
但這個服務不甚常用,如你能處理好重要信件,便可以省一筆。

post office 可免費代收郵件
那次我請家寄個新的DC給我,都是透過post office。

我想問下點樣免費可以store mail??係唔係叫mail holding?
我去Austrlian Post個網頁話要$11 AUD....

唔該晒!!!

你看的是不是 "mail rediction costs" 那個網頁呀?
我收信不用交任何費用的。
我叫我家人這讓寫信封面:
To:Oceanpark
Post Office
Ayr, Queensland
Australia (post code 1234)
過好幾日去post office就有信收。

Ayr 是小鎮,得一個post office
Sydney 有咁多個post office......,但都應該有一個 "General Post Office",或每個分office有個編號......??
相信只要你有就近那個post office的address便冇問題。

如果係一個女仔過去,參加work and travel company 那個plan 會唔會比較安全?0係搵工同搵地方住會唔會方便好多?佢話有行李寄存服務,即係點?

Q1會唔會比較安全
首先我覺得澳洲大抵上是很安全的。
W&T的服務主要是令你的旅程(主要是開始時)更加*方便*,例如
不用愁第一晚的住宿,有人會接你去hostel,很快便給你申請到Bank Account及TNF可以放心開始工作...等等
但他們不負責你的安全,因為你要去哪裹,想做什麽東西都是由你決定,對你自己負責。
他們有個緊急求助熱線,但如果我給人搶了錢我會找警察,受傷找救護車,不見了passport找領事......
W&T或能令你安心,不過若有親友在那邊便更加安心。

Q2搵工
W&T 的 Programme 包 World Wide Workers的會籍 http://www.worldwideworkers.com/ ,但不參加W&T都可以申請 (WWW 同W&T在同一個店內營業)。他們專為 Backpackers 找工,尤其是city job。服務算不錯。但想試harvesting job自己做功課好一點。
其實找工不一定透過agent,hostel的board,Backpacker 雜誌,問下人...得來更加有滿足感。

Q3搵地方住
除了頭兩晚幫你安排了住宿外,便靠自己。他會送你VIP membership http://www.vipbackpackers.com/ 一年。
基本上OZ有三大BP連鎖公司,Youth Hostel (YHA),VIP Backpackers,Nomads http://www.nomadsworld.com/
大致上Nomads平過VIP,YHA最貴。覆蓋率都差不多,疏。很多hostel都不認他們。當然你若能plan到去到那裏都住他們便可省一筆。
基本上做足功課搵地方住冇乜問題。

4)行李寄存
你不想拿的東西都可以給他們。只能在SYD總店放行李3個月,otherwise會收費。他們不建議你長時間放行李在他們店內(冇位喎!)。
eg.你去New Zealand 3個月,SYD去,SYD返,留下行李給他們,都很有用。但如果去完NZ後你想飛去Cairns或Melbourne便不方便了。

(去年十一月發問後無看過此post =. =)

但此post的資料頗有用~ 值得重拾人氣~